The College of Arts and Sciences seeks diversity in all its academic programs and to make the opportunity for graduate study available to any individual with the desire and ability to undertake graduate work. The Graduate Recruiting Expo is open to all college seniors who plan to start graduate school in any of our three divisions in fall 2018. Women and students of underrepresented groups interested in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines are especially encouraged to participate in this great opportunity. Food, lodging and up to $500 in travel expenses will be paid for students selected for the Graduate Recruiting Expo.
How diverse is UA’s student body?
- 4 percent are international students from 77 countries
- 12 percent are African American
- 4 percent are Hispanic American
- 2 percent are Asian American
- 56 percent are women
- 53 percent come from states other than Alabama